Basics of Keyboard Theory
- Levels Preparatory through 10 available
- Follows theory requirements of MTAC Certificate of Merit®* Piano Syllabus
- Each level reviews old material and presents new concepts
- Excellent for transfer students; important reinforcement for returning students
- Clear, easy to understand explanation of skills with practice drills
- Application of new concepts to repertoire from the level
- Multi-chapter reviews and final test include drills and analysis
- Successfully used and by hundreds of music teachers since 1992
Ear Training Basics
- An innovative teaching approach helps minimize student guessing.
- Separate student and teacher books provide the framework for a collaborative learning experience.
- Teacher Books include activities to be completed at the lesson, teaching tips, and answers for the student home assignments.
- Student Books include worksheets and an MP3 CD.
Julie Johnson’s Guide to AP** Music Theory, Second Edition (2019)
- Follows requirements of the College Board Advanced Placement* Music Theory exam
- Downloadable Audio files at www.juliejohnsontheory.com
- Edited and expanded based on customer feedback
- More progressive sight-singing and ear-training
- New In-Class ear-training pages for instructor and student collaboration
- More “free response” assignments
- Practice test and grading guidelines
- Supplementary materials available online
- Corresponds with current exam requirements
*Certificate of Merit® is an evaluation program of the Music Teachers' Association of California. Reference to 'Certificate of Merit®' (CM) does not imply endorsement by MTAC of this product. **AP and Advanced Placement are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.